Technology, Cool Gadgets and Digital Trends…
On this section you will find news, trends and reviews on innovative, unique technologies, cool gadgets and digital trends!
These are computing devices small enough to hold and operate in the hand. Typically, any handheld computer device will have an LCD flatscreen interface, providing a touchscreen interface with digital buttons and keyboard or physical buttons along with a physical keyboard.
Many such devices can connect to the Internet and interconnect with other devices such as car entertainment systems or headsets via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular networks or near field communication (NFC). Integrated cameras, digital media players, the ability to place and receive telephone calls, video games, and Global Positioning System (GPS) capabilities are common.
Power is typically provided by a lithium battery. Mobile devices may run mobile operating systems that allow third-party apps specialized for said capabilities to be installed and run.
Innovative and unique security cameras are coming back thanks to new mobile applications and technologies …
Wi-Fi 6 or 802.11ax is coming soon…
The Wi-Fi Alliance, a non-profit body that defines and promotes the standards of Wi-Fi technology, said that Wi-Fi standards will adopt version numbers moving forward.
On other words, instead of 802.11b (the first Wi-Fi standard implemented in 1999), it will be called Wi-Fi 1 instead. The latest standard, 802.11ac, will be called Wi-Fi 5 because, of course, it’s the fifth version of Wi-Fi. 802.11ac’s successor (802.11ax) will then be called WI-Fi 6, so on and so forth.
These are the pending naming changes:
Wi-Fi 1: 802.11b (1999)
Wi-Fi 2: 802.11a (1999)
Wi-Fi 3: 802.11g (2003)
Wi-Fi 4: 802.11n (2009)
Wi-Fi 5: 802.11ac (2014)
Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax (2019?)
802.11ad and 802.11ay and beyond!
Here’s the summary of the new upgrades to our standard or conventional Wi-Fi Technology:
- Wi-Fi 6 will can support faster speeds than its predecessor 802.11ac, around four to 10 times faster due to the utilization of a wider band and multiple channels.
- Support for bi-directional Multiple Input/ Multiple Output (MIMO) streams, a 4×4 Wi-Fi 6 can achieve a theoretical total throughput of 16 Gbps. With this capacity, it can easily deliver 1 Gbps speeds to compatible gadgets with ease.
- Capability for frequency division and reuse to divide a channel into smaller sub-channels, resulting in less congestion and interference.
- Possible Wi-Fi 6 gadgets to have better battery life too since data is delivered more efficiently with less packet waste.
- New features to help conserve battery life, like “target wake time to allow a Wi-Fi 6 router to tell clients’ Wi-Fi radios when to sleep and when to be active.
THIS NEW TECHNOLOGY PROMISES TO SHAPE THE FUTURE AGAIN!
Enjoy our collection on Gadgets and other Novelty items…
Contact us to include your Business, Products or Services here. Visit our Marketplace for more deals, discounts and special offers: